Thursday, March 19, 2009

BROTHERS at WAR


Hello everyone. I stumbled upon this documentary titled “BROTHERS at WAR” while surfing the internet. It is about this man named Jake Rademacher who, as a civilian, embedded himself with his brothers’ platoon, risking his life to film a documentary about the life of his soldier brothers. Captain Isaac Rademacher and Sgt. Joseph Rademacher were serving and risking their lives, as well, while fighting the war in Iraq. This movie shows, first hand, what his brothers and their fellow soldiers lived through while at war. Whatever your feelings are about the war in Iraq, this movie is not to glorify that war or to support any political position. From what I’ve gathered so far, this movie was made on a personal level, for Jake to understand what his brothers do and why they do it. In this movie, Jake portrays the human aspect of the American soldiers by showing us Captain Isaac Rademacher’s, Sgt. Joseph Rademacher’s, and their loved ones’ pain and hardship during their military tours and after coming back from the war. I’m writing this post in support of our troops and of this movie. When I read the teasers about it, I was hooked. Now I'd like to see it. Unfortunately, it’s only being shown in limited theaters due to the prohibitive cost of advertising. However, if you’d like to see this in theaters near you, there’s a way to make that happen. Click on this link to find out how you can do just that! Also, If you'd like to support this movie and would like to write a post about it in your blogs, go ahead. Any publicity for this movie is very much appreciated, I'm sure. And if you can talk anyone into sponsoring the viewing of this movie in your towns and cities, by following the instructions in this link, the better! I'd like to make a special mention of Mr. Gary Sinise, the star of CSI: New York, because he plays a big role in producing this movie. He's also a huge supporter of our military men and women. He and his Lieutenant Dan Band, many times, have gone (and still do) to different military bases, entertaining the troops, under the auspices of the United Services Organization (USO).

Watch more Hannity videos on AOL Video

I hope that this movie will reach great success in order for it to be shown across the country and not just in limited theaters. This will give those of us who'd like to see it a chance at watching it on the big screen. If you have any questions, you may contact Samuel Goldwyn Films at info@idpfilm.com or log on to: http://www.samuelgoldwynfilms.com/

video

19 comments:

The BoBo said...

I'm in! I'll post something up about this tomorrow - I promise. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I'm a huge fan of Gary Sinise because of his staunch support for our military. He's a great guy.

tashabud said...

Hi BoBo,
Thanks so much for taking the time. I knew I could depend on you.

I agree, Gary Sinise is a great guy--A True Patriot.

Thanks again,
Tasha

Raider Steve said...

Tasha,
Thank you for leaving a comment at The Bobo Files guiding me here. I would also like to thank you very much for your highlighting this film. I had not heard of it until I saw your post.
I retired from the US Air Force after 20 years. I served with the Bobo (yes, I actually know him). I cannot tell you what it means to have people like you and Gary Sinise support the men and women in the military. I really means a lot when you are far from home and loved ones in a dangerous situation. So THANK YOU!!
Now, I would like to ask a personal question; where do you originally come from? My old eyes couldn't read it on your blog.
I am currently living in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Would love to hear from you.

tashabud said...

Hello Raider Steve,
Thank you for visiting and commenting. Thank you also for complimenting me for my support to the military.

Hubby is a retired Air Force man, and I was in for almost five years also. We also have a nephew in the Army who had served 2 tours in Iraq. This is why my feelings for our men and women in the service run very deep.

They're the reason that we, at home, are enjoying our freedoms to do anything we want. Many people don't believe that, but I truly do. Those soldiers are risking their lives all the time, that the least I could do is to write this humble post to let people know that there's a movie out there about them, without actors playing the parts. This is the more that I want this movie seen by more people.

I'd like to take this opportunity to commend and thank you for your military service.

To answer your personal question, I'm originally from the Philippines and have been living in the U.S. for almost 32 years.

So, are you in Saudi Arabia for work, or are you there as a permanent resident? I'm also curious, you see?

Thank you and hope to see you here again.

Tasha

Shari said...

I just read about this movie. I'll blog about it soon.

Jena Isle said...

I hope it will be shown here so i could watch too. thanks for sharing. Take care.

tashabud said...

Hello Shari,
Thanks so much for your support. I shall come visit your blog soon.

Have a great day,
Tasha

tashabud said...

Hi Jena,
Like I said in the post, the movie will be shown, depending on the interest of people. So, do you think you could do a good write up in your blog? Your support is much appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Tasha

VH said...

Tasha,
Great catch on this movie; I'll post a link on my blog today. Finally a positive movie on our soldiers.

tashabud said...

Hi VH,
Thanks so much for supporting this movie. I think it's the least we could do for our men and women in uniform.

Tasha

redchair said...

Hi Tasha,
Amazing and wonderful cause. I’ll check out the movie.

There’s another wonderful movie that HBO just released called ‘Taking Chance‘, with Kevin Bacon that also defines a soldiers journey. It’s heart warming to see these endearing stories start to come out now.

Vikki

tashabud said...

Hi Vikki,
Thanks for visiting. We don't have HBO, but I shall keep an eye in case it gets shown at another channel later on.

Tasha

Lilly said...

Thanks Tasha I had not heard of this. I will check it out. People may not agree with war but everyone must support our soldiers. how truly brave all of them are and the families they leave behind as well.

tashabud said...

Hi Lily,
Thank you for your thoughts. People's support is indeed very helpful to the soldiers. Like Gary Sinise said,"Can you imagine getting spit on like what had happened with our Vietnam Veterans." To me, it's so cruel to treat our soldiers that way.

Thanks again,
Tasha

Tina said...

i have heard of this movie before. im gonna have to check it out now you blogged about it ;)

tashabud said...

Hi Tina,
Nice to see you here again. Thanks for checking it out. I hope you'll get a chance to see it in England.

Tasha

Disturbed Stranger said...

I am definitely watching it thanks for sharing Tash!

tashabud said...

Hi Disturbed Stranger,
So good to see you here again. Thanks for watching. I shall come you soon. It appears that you have been absent a while from blogosphere. I'm glad to see you're out and about.

Tasha

redchair said...

Came by to read my 'new' Tasha's Take...and low an behold it wasn't there. So I'll settle for just saying hi.
Big hugs,
Vikki