Now, where am I? I’m sure that by now you were able to discern that I’ve been putting off writing down my unspectacular quirks, by going around the bush, huh? Besides, who on earth would want to be telling the world about their own unspectacular quirks anyway? But I’m running out of things to say, and a certain desperate housewife is waiting desperately. Actually, I’ve put this off for almost 2 mos. But because I told her I would do this, I have to honor my word. So I suppose I have to get on with this assignment. Sorry Roxy for this has taken me this long to post this. Better late than never, right?
Okay, I can only come up with one, so, I had to ask my husband and daughter what irks them about me. I thought I was perfect. Hah! Was I 360 degrees wrong!
1. I’m a procrastinator. I do almost everything at the last minute. This is one of the things my hubby dislikes about me. I’m glad that he’s around to nudge me, or should I say, nag me? Hehe.
2. I’m forgetful. When I procrastinate too long, I have the tendency to forget things. Hubby once again comes to the rescue to remind or nag me about my dental appointment, for example. I remember Birthdays and Anniversaries…...most of the time. The times that I’d forgotten about my hubby’s birthdays, he’d be hanging around, making small talks with me (when he should have been leaving for work), waiting patiently for me to say something. Eventually, he’d give up and in the tone of Eeyore, he’d say, “Gee, you didn’t even remember my birthday.” Oh….and when he sounds like that, I just fall to pieces. I’m such a nincompoop.
3. I’m seldom punctual. If there’s something my hubby hates about me the most, this is it. He’s the opposite of me—always early and punctual. Hubby tells me that I’ll be late for my own funeral. I guess this is a good thing because when that happens, I’d like to watch my own funeral on the sideline for a while to see who’s going to be attending and who’s going to be crying for me. I also would like to hear what everybody will be saying about me—good or bad. He, he, he. I tell you, no matter how early I get done getting ready to go anywhere, I still manage to be a few minutes late. It’s because I’d find something else to do while waiting for the specified time of departure. By then I’m preoccupied with something and then misses the time. Something that anybody can count on me, though, is that I am very dependable. I may be late most of the time, but I always show up, unless something incapacitating comes up that keeps me from showing up.
4. I don’t eat bread crusts. I remove the outer crust before I eat bread. But then I love pizza crusts and rice crusts, so go figure.
5. I steal all the covers. When I sleep, I pull all the blankets to my side. I’m not aware of this of course until I wake up and find my hubby without cover, shivering in the cold winter nights.
Being the Tasha that I am, I’m not going to tag anyone. But you’re welcome to tag yourselves if you don’t mind sharing your Unspectacular Quirks with all of us.